In Maths we have been learning to use a range of multiplicative strategies when operating with whole numbers.
The strategies we have been learning are:
- Estimate the reasonableness of large problems like 1 788 – 891. Could 497 be right?
- Use multiplication to solve addition and subtraction problems eg.
64 – 48 = as (8 x 8) – (6 x 8) = 2 x 8= 16
- Use doubling / halving, trebling/ thirding and adjusting to solve multiplication problems,
eg. 12 x 50 solved as 4 x 150= 600
- Use an algorithm to solve multiplication problems.
- Solve problems using simple cube numbers .
- Use an algorithm to solve division problems.
Here is a link to my Multiplicative Strategies Assessment which shows that I know why and how I use particular strategies. This doc also has screenshots to show which IXL activities I have completed as part of my learning.
My next step in my Maths Learning is Solve problems using simple cube numbers